MY GRATITUDE JOURNAL
September 1 & 2, 2017
- My husband is making breakfast
- We both are self-employed and work from home. This is a blessing, but also a challenge in that we have total control of our schedule. We are trying to get into a rhythm that not only includes getting our work done, but also incorporates exercise, meditation (for me), reading, and anything else soul filling. One idea that we came up with is that while my husband makes breakfast, I either read, do yoga, blog etc. on the front end of my day. I’ve been getting up 15-30 minutes earlier than him too to extend this alone time for myself. We’re still working out the kinks…I don’t always feel like doing yoga at 6:00 am.
- Yesterday I meditated under a cozy blanket and read some blog posts.
- Today I slept in a little and made breakfast for him
- I’m grateful to my husband who spent almost all day yesterday detailing the inside and outside of my car, took it to a park to shoot some photos of it, and then stayed up until 1:00 a.m. listing it on Craigslist.
- We decided to just go to one car because since we both work from home, it is very rare that we both need a car, or can’t schedule around each other. This is also the first school year that I’m not teaching, and consequently not having a steady paycheck come in. This just takes a little of the burden off.
- My in-laws are coming for the weekend, so I spent yesterday cleaning the house. This doesn’t sound like a happy time cleaning all day, but knowing that they were coming gave me the extra push to get it all finished in one day and stay on task, instead of letting it drag out over days.
- I called a realtor and made an appointment for them to come next week to look at listing our house! This was also great motivation to get the house spick and span.
- I’m grateful that our freedom of schedule from being self-employed has given us the option to move our family where we feel is best for us. We don’t have to be tied to a location because that’s where our job is. We are moving to Austin, TX as soon as we sell, and couldn’t be more excited!
- I love baking hamburgers and bacon! I am so grateful for my oven. I have begun a meat only lifestyle, and consequently I eat a LOT of meat. Bulk cooking hamburgers in the oven is not only a time saver, but my burgers were juicy and perfectly portioned. I cooked them for 20 minutes at 450 degrees.
- Baking bacon is also handy because I can cook the whole pack at one time, and then it’s ready to be reheated throughout the week. Baking bacon and burgers is also a lot less messy. No more grease splatters all over the stove and counters!
- My husband gave me extra encouragement this morning to be more active to get my endorphins flowing. He craves shooting hoops, going for bike rides, and runs. I don’t know that I crave it like him, but I could definitely feel my body telling me it was time to get back on my yoga mat after an almost two month hiatus. I feel more energized already! I definitely recommend Yoga With Adrienne on Youtube. I have talked about her here.
What do you feel grateful for today? Sometimes all we need to do is a little reflecting to see all of the good parts of our day. Enjoy your Labor Day weekend!